Friday 18 January 2013

Is there God? - Interlude


Which Methods, Which God?

I have decided to go for the scientific arguments first.  The reason is mainly because it will take quite a lot of explanation on how we understand history, how we can believe the things in the past, how to differentiate the true past from the false one, and so on and so on. On the other hand, scientific arguments appear to be more straight-forward. Perhaps, this is because of my education background in science. In addition, I also find the scientific approach to be more interesting. Especially, since nowadays there seems to be this common view that put the “believe in God” as the barrier and enemy of the development of science.

As we now begin to the detail discussion in finding out the existence of God, I come to realize that by this stage I need to admit that when I explain about God, I may have actually refer to the Christian God. There is some commonality in the various believes in God in different religions. At a high level, most or all of these religions have the similar view, for example, they believe in God who is the eternal creator, a God that is not simply “great human” and that He is almighty and eternal. However, there will be variations in term of other attributes and characters of God taught by these different religions. Although, I am trying to simply cover the general idea of God’s existence without talking deeply in particular religion at this stage. I must admit that my view of God at the moment is strongly influenced by the Christian God, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

As I write this blogs, I realise that I am putting my Faith on the line. If I manage to confirm the existence of God, I still plan to drill down further in my future blogs on whether Christianity is the true religion. Otherwise, if by all various dimension and approaches, God appears to be no more than a blind self-made believe, I will need to rethink totally about the worldview that I have held for so long. I would like to invite all of you, reader, to have the open mindedness and invite you all to take the courage to put your believe to the test as well. Please put your comments and questions on each article, and we will look at them in the Q&A Page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment